Monday, May 10, 2010

Sunday, May 9th, in Buenos Aires

Above, a follow-up on the Palo Boracho tree (the fat tree with the spiked trunk and branches).  The Palo Boracho also bears large pink flowers and fruit.

Fall in Buenos Aires.  People here think it’s cold.  The girl in the photo above is donning a sweater.  The other girls are dressed for cool weather.  Meanwhile, I was wearing a short sleeved shirt and thought it was wonderful out. 

IMG_6120-w

The ubiquitous green signs that dot the urban landscape in BA.  I was dismayed to discover that these seemingly old signs are in fact convincing reproductions make from fiberglass.

IMG_6106-w

IMG_6102-w

Sunday night C, J and I went to see Dancing Mood perform at the Club Necito Vega (above).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like the Palo Borracho tree. Its flowers are beautiful, really colorful and I guess they smell pretty good too. I remember when I travelled to Argentina, I stayed in one of those apartments for rent buenos aires
and everybody thought it was cold, and since I´m from Minnesota, I was almost feeling hot. Anyways, BA is the best city in the world after New York. Simply loved it!
Brooke

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home