Sunday, March 07, 2010

Breaking With Scientology

 

Okay, I live in a cave.  I had no idea what Scientology is until yesterday, when I read the New York Times article, Breaking With Scientology.  This religion was started in 1952 by a science fiction writer named Hubbard.  Among other things, Scientologists believe they are immortal.  I like that.  I just wish it were true.

My take is this:  T.S. Elliott summed it up best. "Man cannot bear very much reality." It seems to me that for many, they cannot bear hardly any reality at all.  I think they fear reality, which is outside their control, and, in refuge, turn to absurdity.

1 Comments:

Blogger TSElliott said...

I found a lot of informative videos on Scientology on youtube. I still don't know a lot about it, but it did help me kind of make a picture in my head.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home