Friday, January 22, 2010

Eyes Wide Open

When:  December 4, 2009
Where:  Corner of Acuña de Figueroa and El Salvador, Buenos Aires

Elliott and I were returning from lunch with Leo and his friends and encountered four girls covered with paint.  There is a tradition, at some schools, in Buenos Aires, to do so on the last day of the school year.  I asked the girls to pose for a photo.  I snapped and extra, just in case.  I can’t tell you how many times I take 3 and 4 photos of a group and still can’t capture a single image in which everyone is looking into the camera with their eyes open.

In the first image, the girl second from the right is not looking at the camera.

In the second image, the girl on the left is not even facing the camera.

 

Fortunately, Photoshop provides the necessary tools for cutting and pasting, blurring, sharpening, lightening, darkening, etc.  With patience and time I made the very pleasing composite, below, from the two two photos above.

The photo below, incidentally, which I took about fifteen minutes before encountering the girls, underscores my point about people and their closed eyes.  Three of the eight guys in this photo (Elliott, right, is one of the guilty) have their eyes closed.  Moral of the story:  Always take several photos of a group if possible.

IMG_2666w

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home