Monday, September 19, 2005

Our future housekeeper

QRIO (ryhmes with "curio"). If you haven't seen this little robot in action, download Sony's video now. It's amazing, a little spooky and immensely compelling. Don't miss watching it. QRIO can walk uphill, sing, dance, wiggle its fingers, kick or throw a ball, and recognize you. It can express it's feelings and the artificial inteligence is so well developed it will not play with you if it senses you are not being nice. So what? I can do that. You can do that. QRIO can converse in Japanese. That's impressive. I can't do that.

QRIO isn't on the market yet. If it were, Sony would be asking a price that would pay for a new BMW. Still, it just a matter of time. I don't know how this got past me, but this thing was introduced in 2003. My mind races forward, imagining the potential applications of the technology that is behind this "toy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home