Sunday, May 31, 2009

Boneless

This morning is a bright, sunny morning and we slept in late. We lingered in bed, drinking coffee and reading magazines. I made my way through the entire March, 2008 issue of Cooking Light magazine. Yes, 2008 . . . someone brought a pile of old magazines to the office and I snagged this one to check it out. By the time I was near the, I was struck by the realization that every recipe in the magazine calls for boneless cuts of beef, pork, chicken, etc. Not one bone. Is the staff of Cooking Light worried that Americans are afraid of bones?

Another observation: Why does a magazine called Cooking Light include a recipe that calls for 3 tablespoons of whipping cream. What do they think will happen with the remaining 1/2 pint (13 tablespoons) of whipping cream? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home