Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bar Code


My friend Ralph Murre has published another book. If I had my wits about me I would have promoted his other books here before . . . before he published a book that included some of my photographs. And a short story.

Bar Code is a book of poetry, stories, drawings and photographs that revolve around bars and the life within them. What a brilliant premise for book! What a celebration!

When Ralph invited me to contribute, I instantly knew this was a great project. Having spent my share of time wearing thin the elbows of favorite shirts on various bars and tables in places ranging from godawful smelly holes to really fine saloons of distinction, I felt qualified. Indeed, there have been times when I have been overqualified. Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to take a few photographs along the way. (A sampling appears in these links: Bars and More Bars.

Some of our best and worst times have been spent in bars. We've all been there, one way or another and we all have our stories and memories. This book reminds us of those times.

If you're interested in buying this book, send an email to either Ralph or me. Once we get back from the bar, we'll figure out how to get it into your hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home