Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Phenomenon

Yesterday afternoon I was searching for a photo and came across this one of a beaver dam that I took in Tennessee a couple of years ago. Today I found a stump of a tree in a friend's office . . . gnawed off by a beaver (in Evanston!).

Sunday, I took a photo of a building across the street from the Art Institute. Monday morning, I spoke with a fellow at the School of the Art Institute. His name had been given to me as a reference by an architect. After the telephone call I referred to the architect's proposal and found that the building this fellow was sitting in is the building I took a photo of the day before. The photo in the proposal booklet was the same building.

Does this happen to you? i.e. where you become conscious of some fact or item repeatedly in a relatively short period of time. Don't be frightened. It happens to me all the time. Finally, I found the name for this: Baader-Meinhoff Phenomenon. Thank god it's not a syndrome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home