Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Three Compositions




I am fascinated how the convergence of accidental drips, scrawls, smears, materials, etc., can form compelling compositions when isolated and framed by my eye and camera. Usually, the subject matter is simply a wall or the pavement, where layers of "information" have been applied over time. I like that it's entirely accidental and unintentionally collaborative. Who knows how many people were involved and over what length of time. I like my role in finding and recognizing these instances and establishing them as art. I am certain that virtually everyone passes them by without giving them a second thought.

I composed and recorded these three on a recent trip to London. More conventional photos of my trip appear in my photo gallery (see link on the left side of this blog)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sil said...

muy buenos!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home